Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Stand up ! Stand up for your rights !


Today has found me doing just that. In front of this lot actually.When I say stand up, I mean presenting a one hour Talk on the subject close to my heart, Domestic Violence. I did it with a woman who fulfils the role of advocate for women in my County.
It's a tough job and one that requires a deal of diplomacy, concentration and good judgement.

The presentation went well. Feedback suggested, hard hitting and gritty. Just what I intended.

Tonight will find me standing up again in front of the men who do this stuff. The work makes me question myself and my own sense of moral compass. How can, on the one hand, I pontificate about abuse and find it in my heart to live with one and love another ? It's not a question easily answered is it ?

Other news is that Thumper had a huge business meeting last night to investigate whether her secret idea for making money had legs. Interestingly, she came away from her "stand-up" with an offer of an, in excess of 20 grand, from a business guy to get the idea running.

It's a web based idea and has the capacity to make her a very rich woman. I wish her well with it but my heart's not in it. Business leaves me just cold !
I'm a man of the left I guess.

Hateful harridan played this, this morning. Again....it's always the music that brings me up short. In this case, I believe a song that Pip and I really should sing together before we die.

More soon

JVIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter