Wednesday, June 20, 2007

One day away from your arms


Pip and I are having, what is called in polite circles, a chance to reflect. In reality what it is.......is that she's unable to live her life around such hapless paralysis and needs to feel a sense of narrative again. So then.....a chance to reflect.


I left work last night and thought" this is where the journey of loneliness begins" I drove home in silence. The radio, on initially, grated and intruded. There was a heavy thunder storm on the M4. The rain beating on my little Skoda so hard.

On arrival at home I was met with Thumper and Beep Be Beep clearing a space on the kitchen table for shopping. Thumper had just fallen full on her back in the hall. Devastating combination of wet feet, shiny floors and flip flops. All was well however and a bruise on the leg was the only result.

My evening went past slowly. I played my guitar. I had the usual senseless tears. I watched Godfather 2 on some distant Satellite Channel. I went to bed at 12.30 and slept. Mercifully.

Despite being surrounded by people, my evening was spent in an emotionally miserable isolation.

Twice yesterday, people came up to me and said "Is there anything wrong?" I replied "No, not really ...just busy and tired is all"

I woke this morning and thought of Pip. No longer is my mobile next to my bed waiting for her cheery "good morning little bear"

The radio flicked on at 7. Third song out the box was this and tears came to my eyes again.
Later in the morning before going to work my friend Tom sent me a compilation of videos. This being one example.
Bears have to get stronger and wiser than this !


JVIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter