Monday, June 25, 2007

There's a little black train a comin'


Is a song by the wonderful Woody Guthrie. Compellingly, it talks of the relationship between a man and his conscience. And, importantly, the word of God.

Studies on the net tell me this song goes back way beyond Woody and into a world of slavery and depression some 90 years before. This song, rather surprisingly, is not available on the net as far as Google tells me anyway.

When Woody does it, he uses this tumblin ramblin style of picking so loved by early blue grass musicians.

When I first picked up a guitar this was the first tune I learnt. Pip does a version of this song. Shes does it well. Woody drove Bobby. Woody is my idol now.

Anyway, I awoke this morning to the sound of this hateful harridan This morning's contribution to the debate on human kind was to state quite clearly that the "rowdy" element that so infects Ascot these day's is..........beyond the pale .

Put simply, the girl needs a year off. Last week's contribution by Clare someone was really quite a treat in comparison.

In the car and straight into Mike Parry who has the nick name "Porky" Today, he was on with Alan Brazil He's the fat one at the interview in the end. Alan is a quality broadcaster. Mike is a "Fat Tube".

Looking at Alan in these clips, I'll be surprised if he's still alive in 5 years.

At work, a day compiling stuff to make me look clever and then home and writing this.

In the main part of my head I'm still in complete admiration for Pip, who, apparently, played her first gig on Saturday. I love her with all my heart. I also Love this. Complicated world my head.

Onwards and upwards to heaven. Hmmmm ? I must try to avoid that little black train ?

JVIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter