Monday, January 17, 2011

Something for the weekend Sir?


I've just had quite a nice weekend. I say "quite" because mainly, my life seems to be led at such a pace these days having scarcely time to draw breath.

When I first retired back in April last year, I had some vision in my head of endless empty days stretching out before me and that I would be doing exactly what I wanted with each individual hour that passed. Clearly this was a silly idea and actually, most of the time I'm dashing around doing the very stuff I neglected to do all for 50 years.

Things like cook properly, engage is rudimentary DIY, clean, wash, keep house, become my Mother!

Anyway Saturday found Steen and I at the radio station. Our show goes out on alternate weekends between 2 and 4. It's a mixture of footy, really good tunes and silly banter. A lot of people who listen say they enjoy it very much. Steen does news and views, I do the tunes mostly.

What I like to aim for is a template upon which the listener would always be a little surprised by the next offering. We don't stick to a musical genre and play (I think) some real interesting music for the discerning soul.

Having said that, both Justin Bieber and Jedward made a short appearance on Saturday. This, mainly because (as I said) we like to surprise and both eenie meenie miney mo lover and fight for your right to party are both (in my opinion) what my kids like to call "tunes"

Setting mainstream Pop against stuff like this just floats my boat and, I hope, others too.

Plus you get serious football banter. Can't be bad can it?

Sunday was Steen's birthday. She being a person whose celebrations tend towards an extension over the normal 24 hours with the weekend full of echos and re-inforcements of the important event.

Next year it will be critical for me to remember January 2012 contains a "significant" birthday for Steen and hence, celebrations are likely to last not just for the weekend, but rather over the full week.

As a result of this tendency I've taken to calling her Princess Lady Princess.

It was a nice weekend anyway and, to cap it all, we've nearly mastered this song.

That'll knock their socks off at Minch. (of which more later I think)

JVIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter