Thursday, November 29, 2007

I´m an Alien

Is a song by this man. I haven´t liked Sting much tbh, ever since I saw him on this show, dissing his Mother and saying "I´ve yet to forgive her for the way she treated me"

Bless him ! It must be bloody hard being a millionaire and having so much angst to deal with. Rubbishing you Mum on National Telly is pretty rocking huh ?

Anyway, I am an Alien at the moment. Transplanted on my own in a small town halfway across Europe and only 30 minutes away from the Continent housing this particular disaster.

Time to think more today and heres to my strong belief I´m on the way to working out what I need to do in order for me to retain security, sanity and selfhood.

Its funny being on your own in a town where you only know a few people casually. I´m begining to find I like my space. Some time to myself. The ablity to make straight-foward choices with how one´s time is spent. These things are quite new to me. Mostly, I think I have felt very driven by life recently. So hard to just stop. It´s me who is the arcitect of this silliness but nonetheless, its so good to just rest and think.

I speak to my love on the phone and she sounds downtrodden by a nasty cold and hard work; me being so far away probably doesn´t help her very much. But I am enjoying being here. I miss her very much.

I speak to T on the phone and find her stilted, distant and resentful. No surprises really. I have done her a grave injury.

Last night, I had the best meal I´ve had in a long time. D made Fresh Fish in a terrific seafood sauce, Spinach, Asparagus, Potato and Carrots.....all in about 45 minutes, the vegitables cooked to perfection.

D is a growly and strong Portuguese man with a practical abilty to make creative things quickly.

D is not a completer-finisher and his partner, T´s daughter, needs to be his tick-box person: helping him get big jobs done. This sometimes leads to conflict and snippyness. Particularly as D is a bit Bi-Polar. From an observer´s perspective, they both need to work this out if they are to progress in their relationship and make it work. I´m a fine one to talk, however.

They are both special people. At their home on the hill, the general flavour of the place reminds you of this. There are animals everywhere. 6 dogs, some cats, pigs, chickens and goats. Its a sweet place to be and a bit chaotic.

The place where I´m living is a bit like this. It´s afforded me some much needed rest and a proper sense of peace for the first time in many months. Part of me thinks, I could make a life down here. This despite the obvious notion I´m an outsider, a cause celeb, someone to be talked about. The abilty to just have the day I want for myself is such a luxury and not to be sniffed at.

Soon I´ll be facing the meat grinder of real -life again.

3 more days to get my head complete.

JVIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter