Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Little by Little


Over the last few weeks I've become aware so-called "flash mob" events are becoming common currency across the world.

Take last week, I watching a programme on BBC4 involved in trying to re-popularise Clog Dancing of all things.

This then, closely followed by an email from my friend Chris who sent me another example.

More locally in Stroud, I was talking to my mate Fred who said something had been tried in "Merrywalks" but there were already carol singers present and the event was somewhat curtailed.

Anyway, the thing I wanted to say about it is in my observation as these events start, a lone voice, or person begins the event. On-lookers glance over their shoulder and have somewhat resigned expressions on their faces. The look says "some nutter is at it"

However, as the event grows into a steady stream of activity, the voices grow louder, the feet more strident, suddenly all the people who looked at the "fool" are looking a little foolish themselves and reaching for their mobile phone cameras to record the event.

Then, as if it never happened, the performers melt into the crowd.

This is how revolution begins. A few discordant voices, irregular foot tapping. Then, the thing becomes unstoppable.

Let's see more of this. Power to the people!

JVIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter