Thursday, December 02, 2010

Little Wood Guitar


Is, if you followed my last post, a song by the American Country Band, Sugarland.

(The guitar in the picture btw belongs to Willi Nelson-but you knew that huh?)


Pip..... henceforth known here as "Steen" is my partner now.

We live together in Stroud very happily.

We first got together in the ferment and froth of new love, new experiences and a new life together.

3 years on and I would submit to you we are as joyous now, as when we met. I love her so. We are as one.

Driving away from Reading, my old life and my ex-partner on that first day in 2008 was the right decision for everyone, not least myself. At the time it felt so so scary.

I'm relieved now to say mostly, respective ex-partners, our children and families have accepted Steen and I are a proper love match and understand well why we share our lives together.

Not least (in my book) because we create and play music together.

From such small beginnings we play regular gigs in a style of our own but informed by the Everly Brothers, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash and John Prine. We practise at least one hour a day.

We call ourselves The Peeky Blinders.

Last April, Steen sold her car. We only need one now.

The proceeds went into her savings and....... about 4 weeks ago she bought one of these to supliment the Ovation she bought when we first met.

I'm so glad I picked up a guitar when I was about 20. Alongside my Mum, its been a constant presence.

Something upon which, you can rely.

Before I met Steen, I never had the confidence to think I could be an artist, despite both my children being in successful bands.

What wonderful luck that at 60, I'm having a right time, playing all over, busking, learning new things and rockin' with others in (quite) groovy settings.

An appointment with a Consultant regarding my "samples" is due on December 30th.

I'll keep you posted.


JVIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter