Wednesday, September 12, 2007

He's fitba crazy, he's fitba mad.....


are words from a song by these blokes. My pal Andy is subject of the song, found here. Andy is simply autistic about football.


Imagine the scene, both Pip and I at Pip's gaff last night. Already I've said to her, "do you know the result of the England Japan game ?" She Say's, "I haven't looked yet" I laugh and say "I thought you were supposed to be championing Women's' Football"

Cut to Andy, I'm phoning him to talk about the weekend. Phone on loudspeaker so Pip can hear. Long conversation about weekend arrangements ensues, Andy is by turn both helpful and gracious. Then I say "can we do football for a bit ?" He agrees.

I say, "How's Luton doing ?" He gives me a comprehensive response

I say, "How's Woking doing?" He gives me a comprehensive response.

I say, "What do you think of England at the moment?" He gives me a comprehensive response.

I say, "What about the World Cup?" He says, (of course) "20-20 or Women's football ?"

He then gives me a comprehensive update on both situations, gleaned from 5 live in the car on the way home. Pip cheers silently in background because he cant remember the scorers of the goals.

I chide him about 5 Live, or 5 "Dead" as Gaunt has it. Andy then says "I don't do talk sport like you Bear, it's too repetitive" Again, Pip cheers in the background. She so agrees. I think these two are going to get on famously and brand me a fool.

Anyway, the game against Japan can be seen here. Not sure about the goal keeping, but that Kelly Smith is really something. I love the way she stands up under challenge, executes the Cruyff turn and then kisses her boots.
Germany on Friday. Here we go, here we go, here we go.

JVIP







3 Comments:

Blogger Georgina Best said...

I think you will find it is "Cruyff". :-)

x

10:21 am  
Blogger Lady in red said...

lol at cruff is that joanne?

1:39 pm  
Blogger Jungle VIP said...

thanks girls.......cruyff it is
jvip

6:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter