Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Up and down the city road


Class. It is an issue init ? For example, I don't exactly believe all I read about it. Here's what schools teach children, for example.

Outside of this guy, nowhere in Britain, in mainstream politics, mainstream literature, newspapers, television, is the German word " Produktionsmittel" being talked about anymore.

What is heartening for me though, is the idea that Britain follows America in everything S/he does. Heartening ?.....why yes ! In America they have stuff like this going on.

Maybe then, well get to see something on British Television soon staring him.

In other news, Pip has decided she's middle class. The basis on which she's done this has been pretty arbitrary but this stuff figures strongly. Pip's Mum and Dad are 50'people. Aspirational, ready to re-build after collapse and, eager to knock down anything with an accent like this. The result is a daughter who thinks this is Middle Class.

Bears from the West Country and, from a similar background, also talk like this and have this in their heart.

So probably, Pip and I, are about the same class wise.
Cep't I'm a bit posher.


JVIP


1 Comments:

Blogger Lady in red said...

I know I am middle class

I come from a middle class back ground.

I married a man who grew up in a council house and ended up driving a cespit lorry. We had no money, I still have no money. I live in a house I rent from a housing assoiation.

On the surface of it people would probably consider me to be working class. But I know better!

I have middle class values
I was the first child on my father's side not to go to a public boarding school. My grandparents were the first in the family not to have servants I am descended from the man who invented the toy balloon what more could a girl want out of life!
my grandmother used to teach elocution (did I spell that correctly?)lessons

but to confirm my belief that I am middle class and not a common oik
whilst at school I was nicknamed 'toffee nose'

my current circumstances do not dictate what I am inside

9:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter