Tuesday, July 17, 2007

it's just amazing how fair people can be





Sylivia Plath once said this you know.
It occurred to me late last night that my actions in telling Pip I wanted to marry her could be seen as somewhat dubious. The thought being that if I say this thing to her, I then have to do it. This then meaning the moral reasoning around moving from home and abandoning a 17 year relationship, is less bad than lying to someone. I have now created the situation where I have to go ahead and be with her because it's the least worst thing I can do.

There is also the method by which I chose to convey this message of marital permanence. The bloody Internet. Goodness, what a hopeless case I am.
I do think its where we've always talked best. And never mind the fact I put her on the spot. never mind that it had little romance to it, never mind the shock value and never mind the damage I could have caused to our love.
I thought about these things for a bit anyway, and then rejected them mostly, falling back on the Sylvia defence.

Being an amazing dancing bear and dazzling your sweet love is important too isn't it ?

JVIP




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter