Wednesday, July 11, 2007


Apparently then, one way to get through hard times is to meditate.

Interestingly, underneath all the MJ the author of these ideas suggests the following:
  • Appreciating the reality of the current situation (get information)

  • Awakening to new possibilities (become comtemplative)

  • Manifesting these in constructive actions (take action)

In other words readers, we´re back to Prochaska and Diclimente. Remember?

Oh and there´s some other stuff about a little Croation boy who was given a football and discovered he could do this. Fab !

I think I might have said before:

this man once said this. And he´s right of course. It is ALLl Bollocks BUT, importantly, the nature of change is hard and seems usually to be accompanied by shed-loads of Bollocks.

Over the last 24 hours, since yesterday´s bit, I´ve done very little really. I did cook for 5 women last night in a little kitchen. I did something like this and this. I must say having top-notch ingredients makes these things easier. A small space makes me tidy too and, readers, less clumsy.

Went to a little local shop, the guy very friendly to my spastic spanglish. He even managed to sell me some little bird´s eye chillie too.... so the pasta suace had a bit of zing going on.

We ate. I listened to tunes all evening with the others. I played a bit. My fingers still red-raw from the last nights´excesses. I looked out onto the street from the ground floor french-doors.

The architect has put bars in front of these to allow the doors to be opened all day without inviting burglary (Domestic). I looked through the bars and (you´ve guessed it) I felt I was in a metaphorical prison. Not the best thing to feel when you have 5 people to provide a rustic tart for !

Today I´ve been here to buy one of these. When I arrived in Spain, the house was musty and I borrowed a little machine from a guy upstairs. Over the next 3 days I got at least 30 litres of water from the room and the clothes and bedding were saved from this.

One recipient of the pasta and tart is now going to come in and make sure the place is aired on a weekly basis while I´m away from here.

On the way back from the Hyper-Market, Thumper said to me "When do you think you´re going to sort out your future and what you want to do............. I know it might not be with me ?"

I didn´t give the hard answer because the time simply wasn´t right. But it will be soon. I thought back to yesterday evening and, looking through the bars, hearing this song playing, I know Bobby gets it right.

What I need NOW more than anything, is for someone, just someone, to say "Hang in there little bear-you´ll make it"

JVIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter