Saturday, March 17, 2007

Big wheel keeps on turning

Earlier in the week I had shed-loads of inspiration for a blog entry that now, post windows XP, elude me.

Let me explain. Ordered new computer. Ordered BT Broadband Hub. Later ordered Wireless adaptors and sufficient ADSL filters. Ordering all these items takes at least an hour talking to people 10,000 miles away.

They all arrive at the house at different times. Certainly, they arrive when there’s no one here so I have to go to the postal sorting office across town to pick these items up the next working day. Joining a queue of people. This usually takes about an hour.

This morning (Saturday) I decide. I have all the stuff now. Let’s do battle with broadband installation.

First hurdle-two minutes in. The software that comes with the wireless adaptor is NOT-repeat NOT compatible with Windows Vista; only working on 2000 and XP

I feel like weeping. Sat here at my old, decrepit and tired 98-based machine, I wish for a nice person to come and just “do” this stuff for me. I’d pay a lot really.

Pip is sympathetic. Thumper does not understand and just says" this doesn't happen to other people"

In three quarters of an hour, the call centre opens. Pray for me.

JVIP

2 Comments:

Blogger Georgina Best said...

That is very frustrating. Rocket science sounds easier

Georgina

9:43 am  
Blogger Jungle VIP said...

Hey Georgina it'll all be ok in the end.....but trust me.....wot a palava
jvip

2:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter