Wednesday, February 28, 2007

London Calling


Goodness, what a daft world we live in! I have, over the last few days entered into the world of internet service providers, computer manufacturers and phone companies.


At the huge risk of sounding like a grumpy old man (which I probably am) it’s a minefield isn’t it?


After some hours spent on the phone trying to ensure a seamless transition between geriatric dial-up, a really really old computer and the brave new world of Broadband and Windows Vista, I’m now in a position of having no service provider currently, a computer that is somewhere in transit from (I think) India and a very very sore ear.


I know it’s the well-trodden path of many grumpy blog commontators,,,,,, but dear God ! Spare me call centres in funny places, people who refuse to listen or speak English properly and tell you downright lies in trying to provide what is (laughingly) called “customer service”


Tiscali, Dell and BT……Beware ….This VIP is simmering regarding the way he’s been treated by what used to be described (in another world far away) as “jobs worth’s”


As I tell the people I work with, to improve their anger management skills. “We are at our most dangerous when we know we are right”
We’re all doomed !
JVIP

3 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

JVIP

Life can be so unfair. Still as the song goes .... "things can only get better".

Phoenix
x

10:07 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

"We are at our most dangerous when we know we are right”

i know i wasnt alone on that!

11:11 am  
Blogger y.Wendy.y said...

Thank you for your comment on my rape post.

I have just read your entire blog - and am struck by your love for Pip and the situation you are in.

My ex-boyf is about your age and we were in the same mess....and finally he couldn't go through with it....so we split - much heartbreak - but we're still friends...and he's in a mad space of ongoing indecision.

I am going to send him one of your earlier posts about you and Pip. Because he needs to read it.

1:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter