Saturday, March 10, 2007

Seventy six trombones hit the counterpint



Well, it took place; the big moment of my week. A Staff Conference organised for nearly 200 people. Feedback suggests some success. No real nerves on the day as usual because I always do stand-up and find talking in front of people ok. However, after the ball was over I was left with a curious mixture of feelings, head rush plus enervated limbs. She who must be obeyed expressed delight about the day. This is all good.


My star must be high for the day she finds out about Pip.

Driving home in reflection Pip comes on the mobile (proper hands-free, good boy) She praises and interrogates by turn. She had just been talking to another ex-employee of the organisation. Her past fights with injustice are yet to be fully resolved for her, although she (perhaps) thinks they have.


Scratch the surface on this subject with Pip and you get is a taut mixture of wanting to go over it all again, or sometimes, a “lets not go there” type of comment that suggests she’s had enough of “doing it” again and again.

I’ve had several things happen to me like this that fall into the “stuff that fucks you up” envelope. Two stand out prominently. A very oppressive time on my Social Work course is one. The other is my employment tribunal and all events leading to its successful conclusion. The pain encountered in the second of these events was ameliorated by massive support and really terrific advice from Pip (before we were lovers)

Nonetheless, both things still leave me with a frisson of anger and hurt when I think about them for too long. However, as your Mum always say’s “time is a great healer”

So it will prove with Pip.


JVIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

JVIP

This sounds like good advice for Pip - given with love

Phoenix
x

1:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter