Sunday, March 11, 2007

I close my eyes and count to ten


Well, I have to say that Windows Vista is pretty good. I’ve transferred all my music onto the new system and it seems to work ok. Good !

I’m still not on the net with my new machine, however. Nobody told me you need ADSL filters for every telephone device in the house before you start. So, it was another trip to Bombay, or Sri Lanka or wherever the Call Centre was to pick up bits that will make the system work properly. All in all it’s been a real eye opener into the hoops these massive Multi-Nationals expect the ordinary customer to jump through. Time was when an actual person used to come through the door and sort stuff out. Now, it’s a translated set of instructions from the original Chinese into, what passes for received English.

And, only a few years ago, I used to be an electronic engineer that understood stuff.

Pip’s been singing in the Midlands this weekend so I’ve been at home with Thumper. It’s not been a happy time. I described it as purgatory. Neither one thing or the other.

My emotional detachment from this relationship is becoming cruel to others and I must do something soon. I really must. To keep myself busy, I’ve been gardening and cleaning. It’s not enough.

Pip is incommunicado, having left her phone charger at home. So no texts and no calls to let me know whether she’s been able to address (what her singing teacher says is) a “confidence issue”

She’s chosen 3 difficult songs to do too. “I close my eyes” by Dusty particularly so. I’m thinking of her and hoping she does as well as her undoubted potential says she can. If this happens, she will be pleased with herself and, her confidence will grow. If I tell you she has the sweetest voice and can sound like Iris Dement or, any one of a number of traditional country singers, it would not be a lie.

Today I’ve also learnt to play and sing “You’ve left the water running” by Otis Redding. 4 chords and it rocks. It’s not on any album but was a demo record he did in about 1966. Check it out on Soulseek or Limewire. It’s a rocking record.

I’m looking forward to speaking with Pip again. I recognise she’s everything that keeps me living properly.


JVIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

JVIP: It is hard to be out of touch with someone you love. The imagination can run riot if you let it

Phoenix
x

12:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter