Sunday, February 11, 2007

Boy is back in town

JungleVIP is back !

Whether he’s still King of the Swingers I’ll leave you to judge.

I’ve been away for a bit. Staying with Pip. This weekend, I went to my Mother’s place. with Thumper. (more on this sometime)

Life with Pip is characterised by excitement, drama, passion, music and laughter. Sadness, a full heart and aching loss are feelings I have when I leave her.

Pip has been away with friends and, although having a groovy time, says she misses everything. She also says she has recognised changes in herself.

One of things I most love about Pip is her openness to everything new. I try to emulate her good example but fail mostly.

Speaking on the phone to her yesterday, she said “I’m getting to be picky about food” Nothing could have given me greater, or more lasting pleasure than this. Words like this sit in you like a warm stone right next to your heart. Heavy, and giving of energy.

Thing is, Pip would just eat anything without a face (fish excepted) until I met her.

She’s still a vegetarian of course, but put her in front of a Chef and Brewer, Beefeater or anything (in the Grand Met line) and she could be found tucking into “golden scampi and chips and garden peas” with the best of them.

The very house I visited this weekend was where, as a small child, I learnt how cooking (good cooking) is fundamental to a passionate life. Pip seems to have picked this up somehow. How I just love that woman !

JVIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

JVIP

What a wonderful post. I can't help thinking that you are probably more open to change than you think. It seems to me your life has changed a lot since you met Pip. It seems to me you mostly welcome that change.

Phoenix
x

3:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter