Thursday, January 25, 2007

The music goes round and round

I might have said before, I'm a fan of Radio. All human life is there. The pictures are better (although Pip doesn't think so) and I like to participate with a text or two sometimes. Claims to fame include 3 read out in a week on the much lamented JW drivetime show.

In fact, for a time I (JVIP) was the initiator of the M4 Pony Tail club- a sociological sub-genre known only to a few select middle-aged bikers that listened in to JW's interesting and rocking show.

See here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnnie_Walker_(DJ))

Anyway, cus I spend so much time in my little car (more later) there is a growing fascination for me with the on-air relationships that develop between presenter/DJ's and weather/travel presenters.

Today, I just wanted to say I'm not that keen on Fran Godfrey. See here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran_Godfrey

Thing is, her collusion into the idea she is some sort of sexual goddess drives me mad.

Underneath this seemingly passionate exterior, there lies (I believe) a deeply conventional and conservative person. Don't get me wrong, it must be hard to find a convincing persona to run with on a national radio show........but goodness........doesn't she milk the babe angle ?

I'm not really a fan of the TYG and TOG brigade you'll gather. Perhaps exemplified best by the unbelievable cult of personality that surrounds the WOGAN show, the tired cliches and the dried-up and conventional music played on same.

So......if Tel says just one more time "a lovely and wonderfully heart-felt tune by the late Clifford T Ward" I'm going to have a complete Eppi.

More later

JVIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

JVIP

I guess it takes all sorts

Phoenix
x

1:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter