Friday, January 26, 2007

What becomes of the broken hearted ?

My neighbours are in terrible dispute.

One day, a few weeks ago, there was a tap on my door. The son of Neighbours, Terry (15-nice boy-hard working-social and articulate) looked ashen. "Come over to the house, Dad's had an accident"

I followed him quickly to the house and was confronted by my Neighbour, Julian, his head gashed and blood everywhere; his partner Hilary was shaking and in shock.

Thumper called the emergency services.

It is still not clear to me how this thing happened; a veil of secrecy being drawn over a domestic conflict by the parties involved. The pain felt by all, however, was apparent massively.

I have spoken to both partners (and the boy) since and it's clear everybody feels in complete turmoil in this house.

In response I offered (rather lamely) my ear to Terry, but quite obviously the boy would not want to share his "stuff" with just anybody.

I've reflected on my own mannered, well thought-out, negotiated, controlled and "civilised" response to a relationship in crisis. (my own) and thought many things about the inner passions I feel, as do Julian and Hilary and Terry.

In my life away from home I teach conflict resolution, consequential thinking and problem solving to people with broken lives. In my own life I am facing the impact of conflict, life problems and the consequences of my actions on a daily basis and my head is full.

Pip asked me the other day "What is the point of space ? I replied I didn't really know because space was a place where my head chatter will not quieten and settle.

Readers will be able to see. therefore, that "space" is a place I do not seek often and I go, therefore, about my life full-tilt most of the time.

Above all things I say "Pip is my love in whom I trust"



JVIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

JVIP

It sounds as if space is a place where we face ourselves. Tough but maybe necessary sometimes to get peace.

Phoneix
x

1:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter