Thursday, January 18, 2007

Listen to the music

My boy is in a band. The band is well known by kids from about 14 to 30 years mainly. The band have their second album out soon.

One day, in another life, my son picked up my wonderful 1971 Les Paul and said "how do you play this dad?" I showed him. He practised. He practised. He practised. Now he's a rock and roller. That's cool I think.

One day, he was out with his first band (with my guitar and his own-fender strat mexican-left hand-all white-like hendrix) and the guitars were stolen from his little car.

When he told me, I felt empty but didn't make fuss. He said "one day dad......i'll get you another"

7 years later he did.

From New York, a 1962 fender strat sunburst 3 position pick-up arrived.
I can't remember a time in my life when I've had so little indication in my head about what I should say.
I thanked him and was a bit gooeey-eyed for a while. Inside it was a proud moment. I'll thank him here too. And let him know I love him and tell him he's a special boy of whom I'm very proud.
JVIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

JVIP

Sounds as if you are justifiably proud of your boy. He clearly thinks a lot of you too

Phoneix

10:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter