Friday, January 19, 2007

Sweet Adeline

My girl is an artist. And she's a musician too. She plays in....goodness.....3 bands. They are not famous. De-ee would not want fame. She would not be able to work with the compromises to her lifestyle such status would provoke.

My girl paints, draws and sculpts. She sells the work and lives on the proceeds of this, and a one day a week job in a cafe.

I admire her so much. From the day she left home and went to university, she has never asked for any financial assistance, help with accommodation or, indeed, anything that would cost me money. She has a backbone of steel and I love her very much.

Her music is most important to her. The word on the street is that its called Emotional Hardcore. This, I think, is different from EMO. But, as an older person, my definitions are not always as they should be and one genre' drifts into another. I know she likes Elliot Smith who sounds a bit browned off to be honest www.sweetadeline.net/

De-ee learnt guitar when she was about 14. She plays left-handed like me and her brother. They learnt on my guitars so that's the way it is. This means their choice is hugley restricted into what instrument they can play.

Anyway, currently, she plays a fender acoustic dreadnaught, a bright blue fender (something or other that I can't remember that's not a strat or tele) and....she plays a bass too.

Actually, on another note, if there's one thing that annoys me is the whole deal around some music shops. (more of this later)

I adore De-ee anyway.....and fair play to her

JVIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

JVIP

And a wonderful, talented daughter too. You are a lucky man

Phoenix

10:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter