Saturday, August 25, 2007

oh the games people play now


Is a song by this guy. And goodness, the games people do play.

Two posts in a day means either, that I'm worried and in pain, or (as in this case) a bit bored and feel I need to talk about something.

I have a history on the Internet that goes back some 6 or 7 years so I know my way around the block. I've been reading blogs for about 3 or 4 years and started to write myself about two years ago. This one's been going since January. It's a sad affair sometimes but helps me think about how I feel about stuff.

In looking through other people's blogs, I'm often surprised at the level of vitriol leveled at the things people write and have had many thoughts about this over the years.

It seems that whatever you do on here, no matter how small or large your profile, someone feels its ok to come along and piss on your strawberries. Because readers, its in the public domain.

Me ?......I think its ok too. Have a go here, have a go there. I usually work from the principle those who live by the sword, die from it sometimes.

I think also, however, that sometimes a degree of sensitivity is called for.

There are spits and spats everywhere you look in the world of blogs. For example, here and here, are at one another's throats as usual. I love John Band BTW.

But, and here's a thing, I never realised the sex blog industry could have such tension within its ranks.

I've come across this little thing going on........... I know none of these people but goodness they are at it.......

This lady identifies with this lady and (I think) quite likes her. Unfortunately, this lady has had a go at one of them and the other has come to her defence.

Luka asks in her responses for people to give her reasoned debate. She is "keen to argue her case with anyone"

"Well Luka, reasoned debate from an old bear comes hard." I tend to fall into the category of person (these days) that sticks to the maxim of "Fit in, or Fuck off"

Your "ginger" piece is funny, irreverent and interesting. And your triumphal crowing in seeking out a seemingly hapless person who is (maybe) less sophisticated, more loving and less acerbic than yourself is both unkind and thoughtless. Your words could indeed be thought of as bullying.

Creating changes in ourselves is really hard but one thing I know for sure, Thumper's mum was mostly right when she said this. Best to mostly be nice in my opinion and pick your targets.

Defensive responses merely seek to confirm your role as someone who may indeed have A Levels in insensitivity, Thatcharism and general all-around nastiness.

This tough little statement

"If you post in the public domain, if you harbour dreams of one day being A Real Writer, then you'd better get used to a few dissenting opinions, and fast. I am a pussycat compared to Real Life, believe me"............ is nothing short of girly silliness.

I particularly disliked the "and fast".....very tough indeed and very second-rate.

Maybe time to think again girl cus its love that makes the world go around mostly and there's a distinct lack of it coming from your direction. Trust me on it.

JVIP





4 Comments:

Blogger Lady in red said...

well put my friend

3:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm all smiles.

4:41 pm  
Blogger Jungle VIP said...

Despite all the protestation.
She'll be more careful next time I think. Eiether that, or be worse.

12:48 am  
Blogger Bittersweet said...

oooooh, it was very cosy over here.

10:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter