Friday, August 24, 2007

You got a friend


Is a song by this guy. He's a rockin dude is James Taylor in his pomp.
So, about half an hour ago I started to send a text to Pip. She's away at Nash Hash doing this. I'm at home, riding the aftermath of Tuesday. This is how my message started "I'm experiencing a real scitz atm"

Then I thought, no.....don't send the text. Write about it.

Anyway..........the above was written last night and should have carried on with a description of feeling so many things at once.

IE

The day at work, time spent listening to my girl, elated on the phone to have finally believed it is true. (Yes Pip, we are going to have a future together !) The time when I got home. Both Thumper and I, polite and kind to one another, talking about our "days"
Then, I was gonna write this.

However, I'd said to Thumper "fancy watching television for a bit" We never watch telly these days and it felt the right thing to do.

Anyway, we did and stayed up till real late watching Reading Rock Festival on BBc3. I must say that over the months, T and I have somehow neglected the music and we both enjoyed the bands we watch in the enveloping surround-sound that is the front room of our house :-)

Principally though, I had my perceptions widened last evening and said to T "I'm never again going to judge a band on just listening to them anymore"
The band that shocked me was this lot.
Up until now, my only real contact with them has been on this guy's show. (That JK ROWLING is quite a babe on the quiet huh) And I felt they were just another English-white-indy-boy-band, talking about their angsty-adolescence.

Anyway.....Razorlight...... what can you say about them ? Both T and I think Mr Borrell is quite something. According to Thumper, who knows everything about these things, he's seeing this girl who is....er....quite pretty. In addition to this he has quite a way with him. Doesn't he ?

What JVIP can say about the band is clear.

Sharp, On it, Professional,Rockin, Electric, Superstars

And Borrell could be the natural successor to this guy, this guy, but mostly this guy.

Quite an accolade really, although sharing information about the group of musicians that met on Venice Beach California with my good friend Thumper, she said merely (as sixties girls do) ......... "Morrison was much sexier and more edgy" and I then felt outgunned by her sense of Rock and Roll sociology and proper knowledge of the genre.....always much better than mine.

I shall miss her very much

JVIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady in red said...

hugs to you all and well done on keeping it civilised

6:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter