Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head


Is, as you know, words from a song by this lot.


TBH this what my day has felt like. Nothing has touched the sides. I'm on auto-pilot, reacting to events on an hourly basis. Quite a lot is going on.


Willow is ill in hospital. Willow, in case you don't remember is my best mate. We've done life in the raw together since I don't know how long. Anyway, we've shared office space for 6 years. We support one another. Willow has been through the lot. Not that I'll tell it here because some things are just....private.


But trust me, she's had a time. Anyway, she's in hospital having a pretty serious operation. Have phoned, in case you were interested, she's recovering and....er "sleepy" according to some sexy sounding nurse. (uniforms again bear.....stop)



Thumper is ill. She has a real bad back. I'm trying to do all I can despite impending news. It's a very-very-very curious time. ( three very's .......quite worrying) This drama that is my life atm means I feel I have to care for the woman I intend to tell some really difficult news to soon. She's visited the quack and they've done some sort of manipulation. It hasn't worked so far. I sit and hope she'll get better for many reasons. Not all selfish.


Pip is in the pink on one level. Trying to be "up" for me. Trying, and mostly succeeding. I do, however, sense in her a distinct sense of "patience". And she is....what's the word ?....stoic maybe, but better words that encompass her passion are "simmering gently" She is just a dream of a girl. So much under the surface. So much more to get to. I just love her so very much.


I've done driving, meetings and....er.... more driving today. No great shakes, but frustrating. Mostly my colleagues are wonderful, capable, interested and interesting people. Today one meeting was chaired by someone up the food chain from me. We don't get on. All he does is this So..... a challenging afternoon.


Throughout this day, I've also talked to many people, walked a bit, not eaten properly, waited for a miscreant to attend and then fail, kept up with football totally, received and replied to many texts from Pip and other people, had a time, helped out, moaned, supported, encouraged, told off, laughed with loads of people and generally been "me" mostly.


It's all bollocks of course. Mostly, as I say, I've been on auto-pilot. My sense of momentum compelling and scary.


So in the words of my Liverpool hero's, "somebody spoke, and I went into a dream" How very true.


Its tough inside me atm. I trust she will pull hard to iron out my wrinkles.


JVIP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter