Thursday, August 02, 2007

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross


My today has been biblical.

I awoke at the 7 o'clock alarm to HH aka hateful harridan, on the radio after a fitful sleep. I said to Thumper, I feel like I've been hit over the head today.

I glanced at my phone and read "Morning, awake and not grumpy" I responded with "Running late. On road at 8.10 text you" I showered. Cussoms Imperial Leather. White. L'oriel Elvive on the pony with....er.......Nuetrillium to ensure "non frizz"

Dress myself.

The ensemble'

Black Thong-Women's Primark, Vest, Black M and S, Shirt, Black. Sainers. TU brand. Jeans Primark. Socks Black. Primark. Black Crocks on the feet, well not really Crocks. Cheap Chinese copy Crocs from the Bath and West Show this year. Jeans Blue. Primark. Jacket Black. H and M. Silver Braclets from Tangier's, Thialand, Reading Berks and Tarifa. Glasses. Specsavers. Watch. ........Watch is a Franck Muller....well a Chinese copy anyway.

Drink a pint of water. Say Bi Bi. "See you later" Get in car. Black Skoda Fabia 1.9TDI.

Drive to Savacentre. Buy one of these. and smoke one of these. Drive to my work. Achieved 67.4 MPG today. Well done bear ! Put car in garage for oil change. Talk to Pip in car for a bit. She's got a busy day working at stuff. She has the idea she wants to change her job. I encourage her. it's a big post she wants. She's totally the right person for it. I will cross everything.

Arrive work at 9.45. Straight into extended talk with the WSW AKA Women's Safety Worker Sue. Discussed video from last night's programme and watched about 45 minutes of MDB.

Opened up computer and proceeded to write up contact logs, write letters, issue sanctions, organise 3-ways, answer about 70 emails, answer work mobile phone, talk to Thumper about Saturday and Sunday, fill in database, write a synopsis for a Healthy Relationships Programme, sort out cover issues for my team, supervise a facilitator, write up supervision notes, miss lunch, talk to WSW again about the retrieval of Batterers property from a shabby tenancy, fend off enquiries regarding a new DID programme, write to my gaffer about a conference and finally........yes finally, texted Pip with "Flat out with endless nonsense from work. head full of pain and worry. trying to make sense of my world and loving you x"

Oh....at three thirty, go to freezer at work and take out remains of last night's Chinese. Prawn Chow Mien and gobble it down with a bottle of this. Feel instantly better.

Supervise one of my team. Non tricky, straightforward-nice bloke-easy issues, no problems. Write up supervisions of him and one other.

5.30. Rush to garage. Have interesting and lively debate with man at garage about rock and roll. he Say's when he's on hols, and no one's looking, he does Karaoke to Elvis songs. I laugh and say "I bet you do a mean teddy bear mate" He smiles and Say's "probably yes" The Asian guy at the garage joins in and Say's "I sing in the shower" I say " fair play to you" Following up with the NG quote from above about being a child of the universe. The garage hands shuffle nervously, but I know I've struck a chord in their hearts.

Receive text from Be Be beep. Not well. Has a dose of the runs. "Can you get me a bottle of this ?" I say yea and finish with "laterz".

I'm down with my kids. Yea spect so !

Text Lady in Red with "I'm overwhelmed at the moment too. Work is just full on and life generally on pretty shifting sands"

Drive home. 74.6 MPG....it's more downhill the other way. Talk to Pip on way. We do our days.

I love her so so so so so much. Get home. Supper is Salad, Potatoes, Salmon. I provide Lucozade, wine and ....bizarrely.....Profriterolles.

Finish supper. Have a smoke. Drink a glass of cheap brandy. Text Pip "How's your evening?" She replies "I'm in bed, you" ? I respond with, "OK, just OK, I'll respond to girls later. I think you're gonna sleep well tonight. CEO Circles. Quite a thing huh ?

I Write this blog. I Think " This has been a day mate"

All the while, I've just had "Pip Pip Pip Pip Pip" going on in my distorted little head. Please let it end quietly soon.

Go to bed and dream of.........nothing.


JVIP

2 Comments:

Blogger Lady in red said...

hmmm and I thought you could only do 50mph on that road or did they finally clear away all the road works

10:55 pm  
Blogger Jungle VIP said...

Miles per gallon dear.....Not miles per hour.

JVIP

12:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter