Friday, February 23, 2007

You're a mean old daddy and I love you


When Friday comes, it’s usually a time when I can think "The weekend-fab-let’s party"

This weekend is not such an occasion.
Tonight, a difficult conversation with Thumper.

Tomorrow, up at four and to Heathrow to pick up Beep-Be-Beep.
He’s been recording a second album in Florida. Metal with a string Quartet apparently. Looking to a sell a million copies if the record company runs with it.
Late Saturday, aftermath of said "difficult" conversation.

Sunday, as yet, unplanned but maybe a long trip on trusty BMW to distant places to see ailing Aunt and then….mercifully…..Pip.

Maybe, however, a trip to the capital and attend a party. A party at which I will not like anybody, a party at which I will feel like a fish out of water, a party at which I will spend my time in cognitive dissonance……..you’ve guessed it…..dreaming of Pip.

Through all of this trial, one thing is for sure. The love of my life will continue to hold out her hand to me. She will support me and take what comes.

I pray she does not say to herself "You don’t really love me…..you just keep me hanging on"
In her heart, I hope she thinks, "You’re a mean old daddy and I love you"

JVIP

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

when i was younger (and before i lost all my friends *which is a different story altogether*), we always have this bar where everybody meet up and leave it when the saturday sun is already up.
im not a beer drinker and liquor being more expensive than it, i always end up the most sober (if not the only sober) one in the group!

- maggie (have to use a google acct!)

9:26 am  
Blogger Phoenix said...

JVIP

At times like this you just have to trust.

Phoenix
x

10:32 am  
Blogger Jungle VIP said...

Margarette
Thanks for this telling piece of information. Staying out till the sun comes up is a wonderful thing to do of course......depends on the company though huh ?
Thankfully, on occasions when I feel constrained by others, I do whatever I possibly can to get out of said situation.
Love
JVIP

5:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter