Sunday, March 25, 2007

Can you put your hands on your head oh no !


So, I'm back on dry land. The Status Quo is restored. Domestic simplicity reigns. Except, quite naturally, it doesn't feel like that at all.

About three weeks ago I experienced an allegorical dream. Somehow, I had boarded a Cross-Channel Ferry and was on my way to France. Interestingly, I had somehow assumed the role of Captain of the boat and was piloting the vessel across the busiest waterway in the world. All went fine until I reached Calais.

Inevitably, I beached the bastard. Major damage to boat. Interestingly, two things emerged from this dream.

1) No one died
2) Everyone walked away without anyone noticing it was myself, the erstwhile "Captain of Crashes" that caused such a major incident.

Last night I woke at 4 for a drink. Shortly after this I returned to sleep and the following happened.

I'm at a caravan site. I'm with my neat little Eriba and Skoda combination. Understated but quietly cool. They like it in the South of France anyway.

The man at the gate tells me to look for a suitable space to park. No matter how hard I try the site appears to be getting fuller and fuller and I can't find a space.

Getting a little frustrated I turn down a wooded track to look for other spaces. As I come to end of the track the ground falls away sharply and I brake. It is too late. I'm driving over a cliff with my little rig. Somehow, I get thrown clear of the car and I watch my little Motor and Caravan, still connected, crash into the rocks below. Strangely, there looks to be something to salvage and the car does not appear too badly damaged.

I climb down the cliff to see what I can do. As I do so, I slip and land on top of the car. It becomes dislodged from it's location and crashes further down the cliff. Again, I somehow remain unscathed but have battery acid burning my legs.

I wake up, startled and immediately make the connection. My life's about to crash and all will be ok and no one will die probably.
Hard world init !


JVIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Georgina Best said...

Life is a funny combination. In some ways we have a lot of control and can influence the way things are. In others you just have to trust

3:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter