Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll

Robbie’s in Rehab says the papers. Addiction to prescribed drugs.

What sort of things might they be? Someone at work suggested they prescribe Methadone as a pain killer in America (goodness) but apparently it’s more likely to be some sort of anti-depressant like Seroxat.

Max Clifford says Robbie is “ a genuinely troubled individual”

http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=237932007


In my work I come across lots of late 30-something’s who, in their teens, have scrambled their heads with MDMA. Their ability to generate natural endorphins rendered hopeless.

Mostly, they exhibit symptoms of depression and an addiction to alcohol; the 160 beats to the minute music of love and togetherness being replaced by an altogether more discordant note of aggression and emptiness.

I’ve had my own equally pernicious addictions that have included almost legal drugs and Rock and Roll.

Mostly, however, it’s been intimacy with girls that has stimulated my dopamine. I have returned to that life time and time again. It has been the pattern of my life. Knowing Pip has made this addiction into something much more scary and real life.

Who needs Sex when you can have communion ?

Who needs artifice when you can have reality ?

Who needs Turtle Soup eaten from Gold Spoons when you can have the ambrosia of love ?

Poor Robbie

JVIP

1 Comments:

Blogger Phoenix said...

JVIP

In my experience addiction is about trying to meet a need - to fill a gap. I'm glad you seem to have met yours in Pip.

Phoenix
x

9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter