Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Communication Breakdown....always the same


Bless me Father for I have sinned. It's been 4 days since my last confession


And confession it is. So much to talk about and yet so little time in which to concentrate.


So, despite the title, this is about food again. You'll understand at the end.


Two quick stories before my denumon

Story one

In another life, many years ago and in another world, a woman I knew really well told me a childhood tale. Imagine the scene, in a car, on the way to the seaside. Mum and Dad in the front, kids (2) in the back.


Daughter to Father. "Daaaaaad.......please don't make so much noise, eating those crisps!"


Mother to Daughter " he's not eating crisps darling, it's a tomato"


Story Two

The well known DJ and genuinely wonderful Radio Host Danny Baker talks about the ex husband of Lisa Minneli, David Guest in these terms.

"I was sat in this restaurant and David was at a table close to me. I became aware of a clucking noise coming from the close by table. I realised suddenly the noise I was hearing emanated from the mouth of David Guest (ex husband of Lisa Minelli)"

On Danny's show David, therefore, is known invariably as "Cluck Cluck"


The denumon

You'll appreciate Pip and I don't live together and quite a bit of our communication (there's the clue) takes place on the phone. The final part of today's offering, therefore, takes the following title and descends into darkness.

Things Pip eats when she's on the phone to me


Macaroni Cheese

Boiled Egg

Mashed Potato

Broccoli

Cow Cheese

Goat's Butter

Toast

Banana Custard

Crumpets

Goat's cheese

Galaxy Fruit and Nut

Nuts

Raisins

Sweets

Chewing Gum

Chocolate Pudding

Smoked haddock

Pasta

Salad

Tomatoes!


and


After Eights.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking....."that's a busy little mouth."

I'd say,
"Fair play to you love"
But it is well funny

JVIP


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Free Counter